Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Kitchen Renovation Update

Hi Everyone! I hope you had a wonderful and Plant-strong Memorial Day Weekend. How many of you saw Forks Over Knives in the theaters?

I'm back from a well needed rest from blogging. I had a great three day weekend with my family. I got a lot of time in the sun, planting herbs and flowers, power washing my patio and sitting by the baby pool with Max. I need that vitamin D I am sure I am low on living here in Cleveland.

Most of you know that we are in the process of renovating our kitchen (which is why the volume of new recipes on HGK has been much lower than normal for the past six weeks). Well, we are about four weeks from completion and this post is dedicated to updating those of you that are interested in the status of the project (which is mainly my mom and dad . . . "Hi Mom!"). For those of you who could care less, this is your warning.
Most of the appliances are in place but not hooked up yet. All of the cabinet hardware has been installed.
One of the top things on my dream kitchen wish list was to have a separate refrigerator and freezer, so I made it a big priority when making my appliance choices. The amount of produce that I like to have on hand on a daily basis just doesn't organize well into a conventional refrigerator. The big freezer helps to store all of the bags of frozen fruit and veg, the entire variety of nuts and seeds, all variety of Ezekiel breads and will still have lots of room for soup and stew leftovers. Try doing this in my current tiny freezer and frustration will abound!

Paint and counter tops are happening this week. I can hardly stand it! Is it possible to be "in love" with a kitchen?

No comments:

Post a Comment