Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ode to Tom and Organic Energy Cafe

This is Tom.

Tom is the Chef Owner of Organic Energy Cafe, my favorite place to eat in the whole wide world. I like it even better than my own kitchen (but not better than my Mom's house-that would be terrible)!


Tom makes soup. Lots and lots of soup. Every day there are six or seven incredible soups on the specials menu. It's hard to choose just one. Today I had Split Pea soup. Tom's Split Pea is better than any other split pea I've ever tasted.


Many of Tom's soups have lots and lots of beans in them. This one is French Lentil with Fennel. Remember what Dr. Fuhrman says. We are supposed to eat at least one cup of beans per day to achieve nutritional excellence. And remember what Healthy Girl says, "Fart or be fat!"


Besides soups, Tom has many delectable smoothies, salads and wraps on the Organic Energy menu. This is the Summertime Wrap. Sprouts, tofu, lettuce, avocado, onions and tomatoes make it good, but Tom's secret sauce makes it magical!


As if all of that weren't wonderful enough, every day Tom fills his specials board with the most creative, delicious and unusual healthy vegan specialties. For the past few days, my lunch buddies and I can't get enough of Tom's Bocoles. I'm really not sure how you spell it, and I'm having a really hard time coming up with the words to describe the heaven on a plate that this is. All I can really say at this point is THIS IS WHY I HAD TO POST THIS ODE TO TOM.

Now you know why I think Tom's cooking is the eighth wonder of the world!

Have you discovered a new (or new for you) restaurant in your neck of the woods that serves healthy plant strong fare? If so, name it here--give that chef the love that they deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment