Sunday, May 15, 2011

On YouTube and Tip #9, Becoming an Expert

Speaking of becoming an expert, YouTube is an amazing source of free information.

Here are two great videos. The first is going around of Facebook right now. It looks like it's about 30 or 40 years old and it's a 101 on diet and disease. I like watching videos like this because they create links in my brain between visual images of specific foods and the affects on our bodies (it's actually really pretty gross). No matter how many times I had read or heard about the effects of saturated fat in my diet, it never really made an impact on me. A visual memory made it much easier for me to make good food choices day in and day out. It's very important to create these connections for yourself, no matter how uncomfortable it is at first.





Have you spent some time watching videos about health and nutrition on YouTube? If so, what was the impact? If not, do you think you will? Are you worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment