Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Reader Advice Day: Help, I'm Going through Detox


Good morning Troupe!

I received another urgent e-mail from someone new to a plant-based diet, and she needs our help!

Hello Healthy Girl,
My name is Emily (name changed to protect privacy) and I started the plant strong diet 7 days ago. I have been struggling with a few things. Maybe you can help me with some side effects I am experiencing on plant strong.
1. I am drinking only water but I am having some awesome headaches.
2. I feel really hungry a lot of the time.
3. Sometimes I don't have time to take the time to make something so instead I will just not eat even though I'm hungry.
4. I lost 12 pounds in one week....that seems like an unhealthy amount.
5. Once I almost passed out.
Am I doing something wrong? I feel like I am...maybe I need to plan better b/c I am enjoying what I eat and for the most part I even feel better but when I get hungry I feel weak and out of control.
Thanks!



Here is what I wrote to Emily:


Okay Emily, I am not a doctor or a nutritionist, but I will tell you what I think about your experiences. If you really feel like there is something wrong with you, go to a doctor now, but don't let them tell you to go back on your old Standard American Diet. That would be criminal.

Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment