Thursday, April 26, 2012

Reader Advice Day. Plant-strong Comfort Food. Your Favorite Casseroles.



Greetings Everyone! I hope you are all doing well.


I received the following e-mail/request from an HGK reader:


Hi Wendy,

I've been reading your blog for a while and am hoping you can help. I'll try to be brief. :)

On April 2nd I had a baby boy. He's sweet and just beautiful. :) But he's got a few issues. He was born with birth defects. His overall health is very good . . . believe me when I tell you that it could've been a lot worse - his case is relatively mild and we're working with doctors to see what therapies we can get him into to help.

Add to that that my mom has been staying with us and so we have been eating what she's been cooking - lots of pasta, cheese, some meat, etc. And now we're really feeling the effects. This morning my husband asked me if we could just please have a salad today, if we could please get on the plant-strong path before we each gain 20 pounds and feel even worse physically than we do now.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm a) really stressed, b) my husband and I both want to go plant strong ASAP so we can at least regain our health to make it through this stressful, sleep deprived, doctor appointment-filled time, and c) I would be so honored if you could ask your peeps to generate a big list of tried and true plant-based casseroles like you did with the smoothies and salad dressings so that I can rely on them and not have to cook every night of my life. Because if I don't figure something out, I have the feeling it's going to be a really long time before we can be on that plant-strong path consistently. There will be nowhere near enough time in my day for the next few years.

My initial reaction is that casseroles tend to be very calorie dense, as compared to soups, stews, and salads. And although they are certainly great tasting, I'm not sure if they are the kind of thing to get you and your husband feeling your best every day.
Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment