Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Spicy Lima Beans with Cabbage


Don't let the boring looks of this dish fool you! It's amazing!

Thank you to the HGK reader who recommended that I make this recipe. It comes out of The Starch Solution by Dr. McDougall, and I even found a link online to a McDougall newsletter where it was originally published as Lima Bean Surprise (scroll down the newsletter to find it). The McDougall's are awesome like that--they give out free recipes by the hundreds in their online newsletters.

As I tend not to follow instructions to recipes exactly, the following is my take on this simple, easy, spicy and delicious dish. Plus,I like a lot of cabbage, so I toyed with the ratios of the McDougall version, and I think my results were near perfect.

Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment