Thursday, November 1, 2012

1in3: One Month Down!

Hey, ladies!  Today begins our second month of the 1in3 challenge!  (For challenge guidelines, read this post.)

So, how was last month?  Well, I'm really digging these box braids.  I haven't had to fiddle with my hair in almost a month!  

Last weekend, I did my first wash since the installation, and it went really well.  (See box braid regimen description here.)  This month, I plan to do one or two more washes before taking down the set.  Thus far, I am hooked on the simplicity AND style of the braids.  I think I might install another set in January?  We'll see.

As for the "internal" health part of the challenge, if you haven't picked up on it already, I have been on smoothie kick that I carried into the challenge.  (Check these posts for smoothie recipes.)  This kick has made it easier to absorb multiple fruits and veggies in one sitting ... which in turn makes it easier to meet my goal intake for the day.  Now, I just have to get my workout regimen together, and I'm set.  So far, I've been using my trusty exercise DVD, but I think I want to join a gym.  Well ... til next time, ladies!

How was your first month of the challenge?  What are you doing this month?

MOTIVATION FOR THE MONTH:  
Always have the destination at the forefront of your mind.  Then you will be able to complete the journey.  Let the 1-1.5 inches of length retention be your destination.  Now, just do what you need to do to get there! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment