Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Steamed Kale for Breakfast. The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker.


A lot of people had questions from yesterday's blog posting about exactly how Chef Aj recommended that I prepare the steamed greens every morning.


Chef Aj uses an electric pressure cooker made by the Instant Pot company. Instant Pot was generous enough to send me a complementary Instant Pot for Chef Aj's visit to Cleveland and food demo this past weekend. I had tried it a few times before she came, but was really waiting for her to "show me the ropes" before I totally dug in.

The beauty of the Instant Pot is that you can do pressure cooking without any of the stress involved in a stove top pressure cooker. You simply set it and go, either releasing the pressure after the designated cooking time or letting the cooker release the pressure naturally. It really could not be easier.

Of course, you do not need fancy kitchen equipment to steam greens. Just put a bunch of greens in a pot with some water, cover, cook to desired tenderness and go. But I don't know if I could do that every single day. The Instant Pot makes this greens in the morning thing just about the easiest thing you could ever make for breakfast, outside of eating some processed garbage.

Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment