Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tired...

It has now been over a week since I last slept till after 4:20am. I can't think of much more irritating than waking up less than an hour before you usually get up, knowing you rarely get back to sleep in under 30 minutes once awake, and feeling that you aren't really rested but if you do fall asleep again you'll feel worse because there isn't enough time to get more rested. I go to bed at the same time (within about 30 minutes anyway) 7 days a week and get up about the same time - say within 60 minutes - every day so I'd say I keep regular hours as the experts say you should; I almost never drink caffeine after lunch and I train more than 3 hours before going to bed. So what the hell is with this general lack of a decent night's sleep? I keep my room fairly cool, my bed is very comfortable with good support and only about a year old, I don't own pets that jump on my head when they think its time I got up (or children that jump on my head either come to that). I read every '10 / 5 / 7 tips to good sleep' article I come across and usually score well when it comes to matching my habits to their advice... And still wake up hideously early every morning. So frustrating... I've been advised to ask medical advice - which of course means sleeping aids - but I don't want to become dependant on that sort of thing, plus I've heard that the quantity of sleep may go up but the quality goes down... This lunchtime I found myself nodding off while reading a really interesting book (Salt, Sugar, Fat - How the Food Giants Hooked Us) that was not even a little bit boring, so it was genuine tiredness. I suppose I'd probably have been better off walking through lunch, but as I said - too tired... And too tired to train after work too�
I'm also being frustrated waiting to learn if I'm being extended or not... I suppose that could be causing me to sleep badly but I wouldn't have said I felt that strongly about it...  Food today: I wanted a lower low carb day today, though my body was encouraging me to up the carbs for quick energy...

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with some smoked salmon
Lunch: prawn salad of prawns in Caesar dressing and a bowl of roasted cauliflower and leek soup
Dinner: baked gammon, cheese and tomatoes
Snack: pork scratchings, Babybel cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment