Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Tired�

No aches at all today, what's that about? Not complaining, I'm very happy not to be in pain today, but given the weight of my rucksack yesterday (5lb bag of potatoes plus other veg & jars), not to mention working hard on the climber, I was sure I would be popping pills today.
At lunchtime it seemed pleasantly cool again so I headed to the farm shop for some odds and ends. It was quite a nice walk out once my legs warmed up a bit, but a bit hot coming back again loaded up with fresh veg, eggs and more. Well worth it!
I must admit today was a hungry day, possibly because I'm being more active this week. I didn't plan to include any nuts today but wound up buying a small (though not small enough) bag of cashews while I was out. I didn't take advantage of the fact that someone brought in a dozen bags of doughnuts, cookies and cakes today though, or of the tons of sandwiches and other nibbles that found their way into the work kitchen after someone greatly overestimated the size or appetite of their meeting.
After work I did get on the climber again. It feels great to be slightly getting into training mode even though I know you have to keep doing something a lot more than 3 times to build a habit. Back in the days when I had access to an elliptical walker I built up such a habit that I felt restless and dissatisfied on days when I couldn't train, and fitted in a session on Christmas morning. I haven't been that motivated for a while, and I'd love to get that back! After the training I had dinner, and then walked another mile, just popping into town for some shopping. I'm pretty knackered now...

Food today:
Breakfast: 'egg salad' - 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 rashers bacon, half an avocado all mixed / mashed with a spoonful of cottage cheese.
Lunch: roast chicken leg and salad
Dinner: rump steak stir fry
Snacks: pork rinds, cashews & an apple

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment