Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Twitching on

Well, using the tens machine last night did make me a lot more comfortable during the evening and helped me sleep (though I can't judge how much was down to that and how much was because I took ibuprofen and later Nytol) The improvement wore off by mid day today, probably because if my office chair was ergonomically designed at all, it was designed for a different species of life, most likely a badger or a killer whale, and can give me backache when it was fine before.
I tried to walk at lunchtime but was so horribly uninspired I ended up going about half a mile - in total - just to buy some cashew nuts. Then spent the rest of my lunch break searching for a winter sun getaway that won't break the bank.
After work I was reunited with the tens machine on a low enough setting to let me chop without cutting off any extremities due to involuntary muscle spasms and got stuck into much needed food prep. I had tons of veggies in the fridge - enough to make my ability to eat them all before they rot extremely questionable - and I've been using brute force to get the crisper drawers shut all week. This evening I roasted, cooled, then chopped a whole butternut squash and a large handful of carrots, baked beetroots in foil, made a large pan of vegetable soup with homemade garlic chicken stock, more carrots, celery, leek, turnip, swede and cabbage (with the intention of dividing it into portions and adding a protein portion to each when I heat it up, so the soup is a little more varied without having to find room in my freezer for multiple batches) and I also made a tub of cauliflower rice ready for steaming when required. After that lot was done I could see the bottom of the vegetable drawer for the first time in days. Maybe weeks... I can't actually remember buying the butternut squash...
Food today:
Breakfast: my favourite egg salad - hard-boiled egg, avocado & bacon in Caesar salad dressing - in lettuce leaf wraps
Lunch: gammon with salad
Dinner: grilled pork chop with grilled asparagus and tenderstem broccoli
Snack: baba ganoush (sp?) dip with raw veggie crudit�s, cashews

No comments:

Post a Comment