Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Eat to Live Cookbook Project: Channa Saag


I feel somewhat guilty about even writing a review for a Nutritarian version of Channa Saag. You see, I am a raving Indian food fan and anything that I am going to compare to real Indian food has a huge chance of just coming up really short.

But I don't like to indulge in Indian food except for a few times per year. It's one of the real treats that I sometimes partake in. And of all of the Indian dishes in the whole wide world, my absolute, hands-down favorite happens to be Saag Paneer (Spinach with Indian Cheese). It's got like a bazillion calories in it, so many years ago already I set out to create my own version of Faux Saag Paneer (aka Saag Tofu). I made it over and over and over until I got it to a place that I was really happy with it.

Not only that, I developed a crock pot version when my kitchen was undergoing renovations and I made a Saag Dip for my Plant-strong Superbowl Party in 2012. Now do you understand my obsession with this dish?

Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment