Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Eat to Live Cookbook Project: Overnight Oatmeal


Overnight Oats are not a new invention. In fact, they are an Internet sensation made popular by countless bloggers, the most notable of which might be Angela Liddon of Oh She Glows fame. Her creativity with this simple idea knows no bounds. If you are not familiar with them, I will explain: you basically take rolled oats and soak them overnight in a liquid. No cooking involved. What you add to that mixture is what makes them so wonderful. I even like overnight oats more than cooked oatmeal.

I'm very happy to see a recipe for Overnight Oatmeal in Dr. Fuhrman's Eat to Live Cookbook. Why? Because I really like the taste and texture of overnight oats, the fun you can have creating different flavor combinations, and the magic of having breakfast practically made for you on a busy weekday morning. They might just be my single favorite breakfast.

Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment