Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Whoops� and that�s why you taste when you cook

Yesterday afternoon I made some fake split pea soup - replacing the split peas with cauliflower & green beans. I've made it before but this time I decided to boost the ham flavour with some ham stock as well as the ham that goes in the soup. That was a bad decision, as I discovered today at lunch (no, I didn't taste it yesterday - I'm so ashamed! But I'd made it successfully before) as the soup ended up inedible due to being too salty... rather than throwing it away I added a ton of extra stock, boosted it with some other soup I was getting bored of, and made an enormous vat of soup. Some of it I've added curry powder and garam masala to; some I added lemon juice to as its supposed to combat saltiness. I'll be adding more veg and stock again to the rest, and hopefully it will all provide enough variety to make the whole vat enjoyable! Also fortunately I worked from home again and could improvise an alternative lunch with no difficulty to speak of.
I had a short walk at lunchtime, just into town for some shopping, and wanted to train after work but I'd been told I would be getting a delivery between 4:30 and 5:30pm, and by the time he came it was too late unfortunately. I'd been wearing training clothes all day so I wouldn't forget, or make excuses, too!!!

Reintroduction of dairy continued with some whole milk (non-homogenised Jersey milk no less) � still no symptoms! The goat�s milk yoghurt I snacked on was fine too but I expected that as goat�s milk is considered more digestible. Now I only need to try cheese�

Food today:
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with vegetables, sauerkraut & smoked rainbow trout followed by cashews
Lunch: sweet potato & bacon salad
Dinner: chicken stir fry with courgette noodles and my favourite sunshine sauce
Snack: goat's milk yoghurt and toasted coconut flakes.

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment