Monday, November 11, 2013

Th Eat to Live Cookbook Project: Italian Stuffer

I have to admit, I did not follow the instructions for this recipe. I read through the ingredients and I got this idea in my head for what to do with them that had nothing to do with what the recipe specified, but I couldn't stop myself.

Specifically, the recipe said to stir together the chopped ingredients and then stuff them into a whole wheat wrap or pita. But something was calling me to make a pate out of the rehydrated dried tomatoes, parsley, walnuts, Italian seasoning, tomato paste and garlic using my high powered blender (you could also use a food processor). I spread this pate onto a whole wheat tortilla from Trader Joe's, then layered the sliced raw red onion and spears of romaine lettuce and rolled it up.

Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment