Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Eat to Live Cookbook: Friday Recap (Week 8) and Next Week's Cooking



Salt has been a popular topic of conversation during the entire Eat to Live Project. Many people have expressed dissatisfaction with this or that recipe, and what immediately comes to my mind is . . . SALT. If you are cooking out of the Eat to Live Cookbook and you haven't (for the most part) gotten salt out of your life, you might find it very difficult to enjoy these recipes.

Getting the salt out of your home cooking is so worth it! It was a long and slow process for me, and I'm finally there. Anytime I eat at someone else's home or a restaurant, I'm overwhelmed by the salty taste of the food. Yuck!

It happened for me like this: I just used less and less salt until I was using almost none. Then about 8 weeks ago I started to exclusively use salt substitutes in my home cooked food and it now tastes very flavorful to me. But it took me years. I wouldn't go from salting your recipes to using Benson's Table Tasty overnight and expect miracles. Like anything worthwhile, there is time and pain involved. But oh the freedom when you get there!

Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment