Thursday, January 23, 2014

Camille Rose PRODUCT REVIEW!

This product review was provided by my sister (whom you can find on Fotki).


I received a full 8oz size of Camille Rose Coconut Water Penetrating Hair Treatment from The Coconut Water Collection No. 02. The owner of Camille Rose, Janell Stephens,  was kind enough to send it along as an additional goody with an Aloe Whipped Butter Gel replacement. I had ordered the Camille Rose Aloe Whipped Butter Gel from another online shop and it was leaving a white cast in my hair. I contacted the company and they sent along a fresh replacement jar of the gel, a sample size of their Algae Renew Deep Conditioner and a full 8 oz size of their new Coconut Water Penetrating Hair Treatment. There was no charge for any of the items I received and I was not asked by the company to provide this review. 

The Coconut Water Penetrating Hair Treatment is described as a treatment that "combines super hydrating, thirst-quenching coconut water, aloe vera juice, tropical butters and oils to deeply penetrate and provide maximum moisture and shine."

Some key ingredients include coconut water, palm kernel oil, aloe vera juice, argan oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, hydrolyzed keratin and a bunch of other hair nourishing oils and butters. 

I love that it contains a small amount of hydrolyzed keratin, which helps to fortify the hair so that it retains its texture and holds onto moisture. Keratin is also the most compatible with hair since hair = keratin + water. 

My Hair:

I have mainly low porosity, fine 4a hair that is high porosity and prone to breakage at my crown. My hair is also protein sensitive, so I use moisture-based products in my regimen and use light protein in moderation. 

How to Use:

There is no description on how to use the 
Coconut Water Penetrating Hair Treatment
, but it is described on the front as a "concentrated rinse-out conditioner for silky, soft hair" so I assume you would use it like other conditioners after shampooing. 

How I Used Product:


I cleansed my hair then applied the Treatment.

The texture of the 
Treatment
 is thick and creamy. The color is a light gray/off-white and it smells like a coconut cream pie with vanilla wafers ;]  It's a pleasant natural smell that doesn't linger. 

As I applied the Treatment, I noticed the slip, creaminess and observed how it was absorbing into my hair.  I did not have to use a lot and I was able to apply it to wet hair without it foaming up.  I rinsed it out after 5-7 minutes, but I assume you can leave it in for more or less time.  This is naked hair right after rinsing out the Treatment.



My hair felt moisturized and had a high sheen. I could feel the oils and butters in my hair after rinsing, but my hair felt nourished and not coated. The Treatment also gave my hair a nice elasticity.  As my hair air-dried, it remained moisturized and springy. I did notice that the Treatment did not leave my hair as smooth or defined as my usual moisturizing deep treatment does, but it was surprisingly more moisturized and detangled. I proceeded to style my hair and let it air dry. 



Overall, I really enjoyed using the 
Coconut Water Penetrating Hair Treatment. 
The oils, butters and keratin all gave a nice balance of moisture and elasticity. I am pleased that Janell has created a product valuable to any textured hair routine. The Treatment is not a filler product, but is useful if your hair benefits from conditioning treatments that provide moisture and strength---the cornerstone of most hair regimens.

This review is my personal experience and impressions of the product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment