Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Fourth HGK Blogiversary and State of The Blog 2014


Did you know that blogiversary is an actual word on Urban Dictonary? Pretty funny, right? Well, I'm excited that on January 23, 2014 this blog is having it's fourth anniversary. And since you guys are the only people who might actually care, I wanted to mention it here.

Which pretty much brings me to the point of this whole blog post. Where am I with this thing these days? In my last post, I alluded to the fact that things might be a changin' this year.

I'll blog when I can.

I'll do reviews of Eat to Live recipes as I cook out of the Eat to Live Cookbook, which I do miss having taken a vacation from it for about two months. But I won't be plowing through it as I was in the last half of 2013.

I might not write many original recipes this year. I'm kinda feeling like I want to go back and enjoy all of the wonderful recipes that I have been making these past four years--both my own "original" creations and those recipes that I have loved out of other's cookbooks. That doesn't leave a lot of time for research, testing and photographing of original recipes.

I've also been really thinking lately that the world just might not need more new recipes. There is something so amazing and yet bizarre about the profound proliferation of new whole food plant based recipes over the past 5 years. In 100 lifetimes I would never be able to try all of the new and exciting recipes that have already been created. It's hard to justify using my spare time to create new recipes in an already overcrowded space.

Edited to note: Okay, that might be a bit of an exaggeration. I'm already working on a "new" soup recipe for the Instant Pot (Red Lentil with Cauliflower and Indian Spice). It's not a "new" soup in any way, shape or form, what's new is that it needs directions for how to make it in the Instant Pot. If it works, of course I'll have to blog about it! Come to think of it, if there is anything that needs more recipes in this world, it's that Instant Pot . . .

I'm doing a heck of a lot of yoga right now and loving it. Blogging takes up an inordinate amount of my free time, time that if I am really honest with myself, I should have been spending exercising these past two years. I'm done deluding myself and I'm already back in an "exercise is my number 1 priority" mindset.

Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment