Thursday, January 16, 2014

Healthy Sweets for My Peeps. The Epic Vegan and Mostly Whole Foods Dessert List.

Hello! Long time no blog post.

Yes, I know, it's so cliche. The blogger who apologizes for not blogging enough, but somehow I feel the need to do it. I'm so sorry.

I'm going to be saying that a lot this year. Shifting priorities, evolving realities. It is what it is.

I wish things could be different. And that's not b.s.

But here I am right now, working on this blog post that is months in the making. The one that I promised you so long ago and never finished. But suddenly I need to finish this. No other blog post is more important. LOL.

You see, on Facebook, I was putting out there my struggles with food, particularly with non-Vegan, highly caloric, sweets that are a regular part of my work environment. I'm sure that I'm not alone! And we were "discussing" strategies for resisting treats and developing a strong resistance muscle to tempting foods that are not a part of our plan.

My 2014 strategy is to remember that the eggs, butter and other animal derived ingredients are a product of systems that bring horrific pain to animals. That has helped me a lot in the last few weeks. My resistance muscle is slowly growing bigger again.

And then a few readers gave me the greatest idea: Stock the work freezer with my own healthy Vegan treats and never have to feel like I want to indulge in the unhealthy/non-Vegan treats again. Eureka!

Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment