Thursday, January 16, 2014

Home again

The cold is now an annoying persistent cough and bunged up nose so I'm feeling virtually human today - almost, as I can still only breathe through my mouth. Which is fetchingly adorned with two enormous cold sores as a result of the dryness and chapping caused by non-stop nose blowing. I'm so sexy I have to beat the men off with a club.

I was happily free of carb craving today, and I also avoided feeling too bad after my overindulging yesterday - even the non-gf fish & chips didn't affect me apart from being such a big portion that I felt stuffed.
I'm working from home tomorrow so today I had the joyfulness that is working a full day before driving 145 miles home mostly in the dark. I'd be a massive liar if I said that I like days like this (next week I'm back to see my dad and then on my last day I'll work Friday morning in the office so it's the last time I'll be doing it) and it always leaves me knackered, so once I got home I really didn't want to do anything except collapse in a big puddle on the sofa. Instead we went out to wetherspoons to eat, got rained on (hard) and then went straight to bed - which is why this didn't get posted yesterday.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs
Lunch: 'fajitas' - spicy pork, salad & stuff served in a wrap - then unwrapped & dismantled before eating.
Dinner:lamb rogon josh with rice (so not grain free) and beer..
Snacks: Greek yogurt, cashews

No comments:

Post a Comment