Wednesday, January 15, 2014

On the road to recovery

For the first time today I just feel like I have a cold, rather than hit by a superbug driving a train. It's almost pleasant. So I will endeavour not to be all moaning & whinging for today (while making no promises for tomorrow...)
I woke up this morning at 1:47 (you may have noticed that was the  time of my last post - I'd written it at a much more civilized time & then forgot all about it while taking a hot bath and attacking my blood blisters with scissors) but actually managed to go back to sleep and was so asleep - and so comfortable - I was really shocked when my alarm went off. For a change I have fairly quiet neighbors at the hotel this week so I'm not spending every night jumping awake every 4 minutes.
I hate to admit it but I went off the rails today. You wouldn't think it from reading my food diary but I've not had much appetite while I had the plague, but instead of making the most of the opportunity that offered I settled for grabbing anything that remotely appealed in the hope that it might taste nice enough to eat properly. Today my appetite was back - but mainly for carbs. I'd like to think it was my body demanding what it needed for healing but I don't think that's the case so I won't kid myself. I did use having been feeling so rough as an excuse to eat what I wanted though... It's not surprising I guess that that meant carbs;  I definitely find that eating carbs makes me want carbs, and the cold 'treatments' I've been using have had between 1 & 3 different types of sugar in them, so I guess once I stop feeling breathless eating meals (due to not being able to breathe at the same time as chewing, not because I'm too weak to lift a fork) I'll have to wean myself off the carbs AGAIN...

Food today:
Breakfast: sausages & bacon
Lunch: broccoli & bell pepper soup; breadless ham & cheese sandwiches
Tea: fish & chips Aaarrrggh why why why
Snacks: Greek yogurt, cashews, eat natural bar, snickers, wine gums...

No comments:

Post a Comment