Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Possibly the last moaning post

I planned to work from home - well, hotel - today so I could stay in bed all day and really pamper myself. Unfortunately I couldn't connect to the network at work, so I had to drag myself in to the office (another downside of working away: if you're staying in a hotel you have to pay for that hotel room even if you're not earning... So you'll only take a sick day if you're on your deathbed)
I'm not very busy at the moment at work which means not many distractions to cut off the self pity. And being very aware that every time I cough (and cough and cough) everyone within earshot is cringing and holding their breath while cursing me for bringing my germs to work with me (or is that just me when someone else is sick???)
I can't claim I stuck to any diet today. I couldn't face cold meals all day so I used the canteen at lunchtime & the hotel bar for dinner. Now that's what I call feeding a cold!!! Not even mentioning the sweet energy boost I needed midafternoon....

Food today:
Breakfast: scrambled eggs
Lunch: breadless ham & cheese sandwiches and sweet potato - chilli soup from the canteen
Tea: half a roast piri piri chicken with coleslaw & fries
Snacks: cashews, Greek yoghurt, yoghurt & chocolate coated banana... Damn

No comments:

Post a Comment