Friday, February 14, 2014

Reader Advice Day: Eating Disorders, Plant Based Diets and The Confusing College Years

"Hi Wendy,

I just stumbled across your website and felt very relieved to find someone I could relate too. My name�s Anna, I'm 19 and live in the UK. I am training on a musical theatre course with a lot of dance classes and a lot of insecure people with eating disorders. When I was about 10, I suffered from anorexia. I used to leave left over food out to fool my mum into thinking I was eating. It got pretty bad and lasted for about a year, a year about absolute agony and self loathing...self destruction... my mum was the only one who could stop me in the end. So basically, my relationship with food has never really been normal. I feel like recently, since moving away from home, living with 3 other girls and starting this course...my eating is all over the place again. I am a dairy free vegetarian. I am basically obsessed with food and have become extremely anxious about it. I feel like I flip from anorexia or binge eating. It gets to the point where if I�m cooking and one of the girls comes into the kitchen, I will literally have to hide my shaking because I feel so paranoid. It doesn�t help that one of my house mates is bulimic...


Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment