Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Whole 30 day 10

I heard from the hospital this morning, I have an appointment in the Eye Department next Wednesday at 2:15 pm Thank goodness that doesn't leave too much longer for me to worry about it! (I'm trying to stay realistic about it but I'd be lying if I said it's not at the back of my mind most of the time)

My aches from yesterday's training session are fine today so I guess it was more tiredness than anything else. I trained again this evening - trying to build some momentum! - and it already seemed a little easier (easier, not easy!!!)

I've been really hungry all day today... Not interested in / craving noncompliant foods, just wanting more of the good stuff. I just went with it since it wasn't driving me to eat the doughnuts & flapjacks someone had brought in... That stuff didn't even tempt me, which was good to realise.

For dinner I was inspired by Diane's comment yesterday, and whipped up a quick Salsa Verde. Thanks for the suggestion, Diane, I really enjoyed it - so much flavour! I have more in the fridge and will be trying the lemon zest addition to make gremolata as well.

Food today:
Breakfast: baked frittata, cherry tomatoes & Wasabi mayonnaise
Lunch: silky courgette soup and a pack of prawns
Dinner: smoked mackerel fillet (lemon and parsley flavour) warmed in a frying pan with a little coconut oil & served with green beans & broccoli - and salsa verde (coriander & parsley based)
Snacks: cashews, almonds, toasted coconut

No comments:

Post a Comment