Friday, February 28, 2014

Whole 30 day 26

During yesterday's trip to Reading I fell over due to misjudging the height of a kerb I was stepping onto. I went crashing down, caught myself on my left hand and right knee. Painful! I also bashed or twisted (maybe both) my right elbow and jarred my back. I didn't really care yesterday given that I was busy freaking out slightly at the prospect of someone stitching something to my EYE but then it kept waking me up all night so today it's more of a problem than the eye (although... Stitching... Bleurgh)
My hand isn't bad, just a couple of shallow grazes that are very slightly bleeding through the plasters I slapped on them. My bashed knee though stiffens up if I sit too long and was painful if I tried to turn over to lie face down (apparently I do that quite often in my sleep... who knew?) And the elbow was so sore when I tried to towel off my hair post-shower this morning I had to switch hands and get my towel bloody (the first lot of plasters having come off in the shower). So I was planning to train today but given my knee, didn't. Again. Sometimes I think I'm so clumsy it's hardly safe to let me out of the house on my own... Or possibly let me loose in the house. Oh for a nice safe padded cell...
About the only thing I feel in control of at the moment is my eating. I know, who'd have thunk? Even there I'm talking about types of food more than quantities of course. The thing more than anything that I love about doing the whole 30 is that the unacceptable list, containing most of my favorite trigger / binge foods, combined with the whole 'if you cheat you fail - or, if you're not willing to fail, you have to start over' does dramatically reduce the days where I feel the food is controlling me (obviously it's not necessarily able to stand up to female rampaging hormones, but then what can?) Also, if I wasn't on an elimination diet with less than a week to go I strongly suspect I'd be hungover today as well as tired... And that's a source of 'comfort' I really don't want to turn to. Even though a double whisky would go down a treat...

Anyway, I apologize for all the misery that seems to be all I can spew out here at the moment. I'm fully aware that my problems are minor ones and I shouldn't be trying to make them into mountains. I'm also aware that I am having an operation, even if it doesn't involve losing a limb or major organ. But we're also waiting to hear from the bank we've asked for a mortgage and trying to find a good local moving firm; our solicitors keep asking for extra documentation we've never been asked for before; and to be honest all I spend my time doing (apart from chasing these things) is trying to escape from my actual life into tv. (Walking (or limping, as I was for 2 or 3 miles yesterday) actually gives me too much time to think... Not to mention the return of the disgusting weather again.) Pathetic, unproductive and unhealthy. But it's all I feel able to do at the moment. Someone come & kick me off the sofa please...

Food today:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with mushrooms & 'riced' cauliflower
Lunch: chicken salad (baked chicken breast in spicy coconut mayo) in lettuce wraps
Dinner: chicken & mushroom stirfry with sunshine sauce
Snacks: strawberries; cashews

No comments:

Post a Comment