Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Whole 30 day 3

Well, the weather turned back to crap last night and although I'm well aware that I'm not truly suffering anything more than frustration over losing sleep due to wind noise and walks due to rain, I'm not happy about it. This morning before it was even light I was picking up my recycling which had been blown out of the recycling bin onto my neighbor's garden. I couldn't really see what I was doing - but I could feel the soggy cardboard & paper (and the nettles it was lying on.)
Due to the weather keeping me indoors I settled for training after work - but the climbing machine was worrying wobbly, like it hadn't been assembled correctly after our move, so that didn't happen. Instead I spent the next hour or so in the kitchen, doing prep for dinner tomorrow and making up a spice mix from the Well Fed 2 book to jazz things up a little while I'm on this diet plan (its called sunrise spice and should be sweet spicy with cinnamon, allspice and ginger along with paprika, marjoram & granulated garlic.) I also christened a new health grill I got today and prepped for making some chicken stock in a new slow cooker - both of these gadgets replacing much loved ones I had to get rid of after killing them with overuse.

Food today:
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with boiled gammon
Lunch: homemade cauliflower soup and steamed sweet potato
Dinner: fresh tuna steak marinated in macadamia oil, balsamic vinegar & garlic with vegetables - broccoli, leek & green beans - and homemade whole30 pesto
Snacks: cashews

No comments:

Post a Comment