Saturday, February 8, 2014

Whole 30 day 6 - miserable

Today I went to a local oriental supermarket intending to buy some bay leaves (50g for only �1) and also ended up with something new & weird... Garcinia cambogia, a type of mangosteen, that I bought as a dried fruit to try. Watch this spot...

I then went for a somewhat overdue eye test at the local Boots Opticians. At that appointment I had 4 words you really don't want to hear in such a situation... 'urgent referral' and 'eye hospital'
Apparently there's something wrong with my right eye. I've a blind spot (picked up in a peripheral view test) and when staring into the eye with her laser bright light she saw something 'shimmery' in the macula area. I'm a hypochondriac so by the time I got home I was imagining blindness / loss of the eye or all manner of complications. I am not the happiest of bunnies today.
I walked home and told M, then called both my parents, and between the three of them they calmed me down; then I comfort ate 3 dried figs and now feel much better. Well a bit anyway.
Tomorrow I have to go back to pick up the referral letter and then I have to go see my GP...

Food today:
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with leek, spinach & tomatoes and topped with a dollop of homemade garlic mayonnaise
Lunch: breadless chicken salad sandwiches
Dinner: chicken & vegetables stir fried with courgette noodles and Paleo hoisin sauce (recipe in Well Fed 2) - a delicious sauce based on almond butter & coconut aminos.
Snacks: dried figs and a little almond butter


No comments:

Post a Comment