Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Whole30 day 9

Rain again at lunchtime, I considered digging out the umbrella and going out anyway... Trouble is it's just not that enjoyable that way... So I didn't bother in the end, I had no shopping to get and I don't want to feel like walking is becoming a chore.
After work I trained (yay me! Finally!  40 minutes on the climber just as if it hasn't been 3 months since last time. I finished with legs that were protesting loudly and now my shoulders are aching too) and then we went out to view a house for sale after dinner (hence my somewhat perfunctory and uninspired dinner choice). The house had both potential and a funny smell, so we're having a think about it.
Today's dinner not withstanding I'm actually enjoying this whole30 a lot more than the last one. I knew I would if I didn't just collapse into plate after plate of boring meat & 2 veg, no gravy, sauce or dressing again, but I didn't expect to enjoy experimenting my way through the well fed books as much as I am. My dinner was enlivened by a sprinkling of the sunrise spice from book 2 today, and it did brighten the chicken up quite a lot.

Food today:
Breakfast: baked frittata & strawberries
Lunch: silky courgette soup & a little tuna mayo for protein
Dinner: chicken leg & grilled asparagus
Snacks: hazelnuts, toasted coconut


No comments:

Post a Comment