Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Virtually No-oil Vegan Middle Eastern Feast


Mujadara and Israeli Salad

This past weekend I hosted a dinner for a friend of my daugther's and her mother. I spent pretty much the whole day in the kitchen (outside of a yoga class and a shower), and while that seems like a lot of time, I think it's worth it because we'll be enjoying the leftovers for days and days.


The photograph above was taken on day 1 of leftovers. All I needed to do was warm up the Mujadara (lentils and onions) and Loubieh (stewed green beans), and then plate up the rest of the cold food. The toasted pitas keep ridiculously well in a large Ziplock baggie, so if you make some version of this meal, make sure to make a lot of toasted pita.

When I posted the photo onto Facebook and Instagram, I was met with a few requests for the recipes. Hence this blog post. I hope you enjoy.

You certainly don't need to make every single one of these recipes in one day in order to have a beautiful meal. Just pick and choose what looks good to you!
Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment