Thursday, March 6, 2014

Whole 30 day 32

I had breakfast again today, mainly because I was out of nuts and nowhere was open to top up before lunch; I know myself well enough to want to avoid the consequences of trying to skip breakfast & make do with a nutty snack before lunch! As I at least half expected (and the expectation may have resulted in the effect) I found myself hungry again earlier than I was hungry on the breakfast-free days. Of course that could just mean I had a larger or more satisfying dinner the night before the breakfast-free days than I did last night, so I was less hungry and therefore didn't need breakfast rather than eating breakfast having primed my body to expect more food...
Then I found a forgotten pack of roasted cashews in my desk and ate those too... So much for 'eating breakfast reduces the number of calories eaten during the rest of the day....'

I popped out to the Post Office at lunchtime but didn't have the time or inclination to walk properly. It's true what they say.... The more you do, the more you want to do, and sadly the reverse is also true :-( I did force myself out for a little while after work - I must have walked a whole 2 miles today!

Food today:
Breakfast: scrambled egg with spinach & leek
Lunch: turkey thigh meat with roast veggies left over from last night followed by a few melon fingers
Dinner: slow cooked beef brisket with steamed leek and cauliflower and homemade horseradish mayonnaise
Snacks: coconut, cashews

No comments:

Post a Comment