Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Achoo

Beautiful day today, with blue skies, sunshine... And high pollen count!!! I never had hayfever until I was 16, and 3 or 4 years later it stopped again - but now it's back. I don't know if it's a side effect of all the pollution that blew over this way the other week, but I can't say I'm particularly happy to be sniffling & sneezing my way through the day. Because it's been clear for so long it never occurred to me to take an antihistamine before work - or bring them to work - even though M has hayfever for the first time in 3 or 4 years as well. So irritating! 
At lunchtime I popped to the nearest pharmacy to buy some antihistamines and then fled back indoors as quickly as possible to give them a chance to work. So no walk at lunch today (mind you I had time to make up from yesterday so needed to cut my lunchbreak short anyway). Annoyingly the antihistamines stopped me sneezing but did very little for my runny nose, leaving me with an antisocial sniffle for the afternoon.
I still walked 2 miles today, but couldn't force myself to do more given the high pollen count. 

Confession time:
I'm eating lots of crap just now. I wouldn't call it comfort eating so much as distraction eating... I'm really worried about my op and the healing process, I've never been operated on before or under general anaesthetic and since birth have only spent one night in hospital - observation when I had a kidney infection years ago - so I'm pretty scared to be honest. I'm cutting myself some slack right now because I don't have the energy to worry about diet as well. So no food diary today...

No comments:

Post a Comment