Friday, April 11, 2014

Back again


Well, on Wednesday night I was felled by a migraine, so no post. Thursday morning I was still suffering from the headache along with nausea & dizziness, so no work or post. I did work from home in the afternoon when the drugs finally took effect (or maybe the sugar... I always crave sugary foods before & during migraines and yesterday I wallowed in them)
I slept quite well last night - over 8 hrs for a change! - and feel much better today, so I did make it in to the office and managed to walk 2 miles as usual (yesterday I still walked almost that as I had to go into town for more drugs - a painful experience with a migraine since it was a beautiful sunny day that would normally have made me very happy)

You'll notice below that I'm not cutting out nuts any more. This is because after several days of replacing healthy (in moderation) delicious raw cashews with less healthy snacks... (even on one occasion a Mars bar!!!! And several spoonfuls of peanut butter) I decided to stick with the lesser evil. So small snackpacks of cashews are back on the menu.

In other news, the eye hospital called me at lunchtime. I have my pre op appointment on Monday at 9am. So now that they have been reminded of my existence it looks like they're trying to squeeze in under the 2 months estimate he gave me.

Food today:
Breakfast: Pear, fennel & sage breakfast sausage with cherry tomatoes, hard boiled egg & sauerkraut
Lunch: gammon & salad
Dinner: turkey stirfry
Snacks: toasted coconut flakes, cashews

No comments:

Post a Comment