Friday, April 4, 2014

Some progress...

I worked from home today so I could let in a man to check the central heating. The day didn't get off to the best start with a few environmental issues needing fixing and a problem with my pc, buy after that it was a lot more productive. The man came round quite early in the two hour slot he'd given me and by lunchtime he'd gone so I was free to take my first walk of the day - ok it was to shop (as was the follow up walk after work) but still I managed approximately 4.5 miles and was carrying extra weight (im my rucksack, not just on my hips) for almost all of it.
I got a letter from the hospital today, pretty much just going through the motions as it was the letter he dictated while I was there A MONTH AGO!!! It was dated in Feb, said he'd seen me 'today' and even said something about being sent 'without signature for speed'. Bloody ridiculous given that I still wouldn't have received it if not for my phonecall earlier in the week. But one thing it did do was give me the full name of the procedure he's planning to do - cryotherapy with scleral buckle under general anaesthetic. None of the literature I read mentioned the cryotherapy bit, so I have something else to read up on now...

Food today:
Breakfast: Ani's fat blaster Kreamy Tomato Gazpacho
Lunch: chicken, egg & avocado mayo salad
Dinner: turkey curry with roasted cauliflower rice
Snacks: nut (butter), strawberries, a  couple of homemade Italian sausage 'meat balls'

No comments:

Post a Comment