Friday, May 2, 2014

Learning curves

Yesterday I decided to try to fit in some working from home as I was so bored and frustrated the day before. II t seemed to go quite well � the day passed much more quickly anyway � but because I kept getting caught up in what I was doing I didn�t take as many breaks as I should have and by the end of the day I was exhausted, my eye felt like it was on fire, and I�d basically been extremely stupid. I had a really early night and woke up in considerable pain this morning (if anyone has a morphine drip they�re not using I could borrow for overnight that would be nice� the gap between my last painkiller dose before bed and getting up is just too long)

Today I am working again, but to ensure that doesn�t happen again I�ve programmed my phone to remind me to take a rest every 50 minutes at most. Along with reminders to take eye-drops and painkillers, the damn thing seems to be beeping every 30 seconds.

I also had a nasty moment around lunchtime yesterday. As I�m refusing to leave the house and walk amongst the race of man (and woman) until I stop looking like someone�s used me as a punch-bag (vain I know, but I don�t want to frighten small children and animals)  I ordered my shopping to be delivered yesterday. It came and all was fine. Until I bent down too sharply to pick up a bag and felt such a sudden increase in pressure in my eye that I felt like throwing up. I didn�t, but now I�m bending slowly and carefully and looking straight ahead/up as I bend rather than down at the ground, and it hasn�t happened again.

I�m completely uninterested in food (I know! Who�d have thought???) but trying to force myself to eat since I know that you can�t heal if you don�t fuel your body. Yesterday that mostly consisted of trying mouthfuls of everything in the fridge to see if anything tasted good (it didn�t) and I think maybe I didn�t therefore eat enough. Today I�m trying harder. I cooked something for breakfast � pancakes consisting of boiled then shredded cassava root and eggs, flavoured with salt, pepper & garlic powder. They turned out well � quite a reasonable bread substitute � so hopefully I can use them throughout the day when I remember to eat.

This morning I also took a very careful bath and washed my hair (being very cautious to avoid getting shampoo or even water in my eye) which made me feel almost human for a while.

Time to take some more pills now� BTW, I want to buy shares in the company that makes Paramol. And the one that makes Nytol. Without them I�d be in REAL trouble

No comments:

Post a Comment