Monday, June 23, 2014

How to Be Your Own "Salad Samurai"

Naked salad. Not much fun.

I am frequently asked for recipes, and it seems like everyone needs and loves great Whole Food Plant Based salad dressing recipes. Ever since experimenting with seriously limiting the amount of nuts and seeds in my diet, I have had to go back to the drawing board with all of my favorite salad dressing recipes.

It was Chef AJ who was the first to suggest (at least to me) making sauces and dressings with a cannellini bean base, as opposed to, say, a cashew nut base. While I cannot say that making that shift was easy peasy from a taste and texture perspective, it is worth it to me because that substitution cuts way down on the number of calories and grams of fat in the otherwise uber healthy food that I eat. And because I really am a volume eater, I'm looking for all of the ways that I can to cut the calories while still eating a Whole Food Plant Based diet.

Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment