Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I slept like a log last night

 Like.a.log. I was using my iPad Smart Alarm app, which plays soothing sounds for half an hour when you set it to help you fall asleep (waves against the shore in my case) and not only did I not last the 30 minutes, but I don't remember hearing anything past the point when I turned my light off! I woke up about 4:20 (the alarm's set for 4:30) and was totally comfortable & relaxed. The relaxed part didn't last long once I climbed onto the Versaclimber, but was pleasant while it did last!
At lunchtime I hoped for a 3 mile walk but cut it short at 1.3 miles because of a painful blister on the sole of my foot (right below the ball of the foot) I should have been more disappointed than I was, but there was a strong breeze with a cold edge to it so I was only enjoying the bits when the wind dropped anyway :-) I'll have to bring some different walking boots tomorrow that hopefully won't rub in the same place(s) - and add a plaster.
Of course we're due Glastonbury weather so the question may be academic by tomorrow lunchtime... But if not, need my walk!!!

Food today:
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with bacon, spinach & green pepper
Lunch: raw spicy bok choy soup followed by strawberries with natural live yoghurt
Dinner: salmon fish cakes drizzled with wasabi mayo, with kale & avocado salad in a mustard vinaigrette (homemade of course
, from this recipe
Snacks: mixed nuts (almonds, cashews and brazil nuts); Paleo meatballs

No comments:

Post a Comment