Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Reader Advice Day: Derailed and Deflated

Greetings All!

I'm back with another round of Reader Advice Day. But first I want to make sure that you know that Chef AJ and I will be hosting our second free teleclass on the evening of July 7th. I'll will put out the details in a later post, but I want you to mark your calendars now. The subject will be "Eating Outside of Your Home on an SOS Free, Whole Foods Plant Based Diet."

And now back to the question. It comes from a dear, dear person that was in my 6th grade class! Through the magic of Facebook, we are reconnected over our shared interest in health and well being. The other day, this message came in from her:

Hi Wendy! I've been following your blog on FB for a while now. I've learned a lot from your journey. I have a question for you. I was really on track for a good three years. I did not have a weight problem as a kid or young adult, but after my second kid, I have been battling weight gain - for lots of reasons. So, here's the question. I maintained a 30 lb weight loss for several years, but after a VERY stressful year, have put it all back on, and I can't seem to get myself back on track, and I am full tilt off the rails - candy, cookies, meat, butter. Can you share any strategies that you've used to get back on track? Thanks! And it's been fun reading your blog. Thanks for putting it out there!

So what I am mostly interested in hearing is how YOU get back on track after feeling derailed from this WOE (way of eating).

But since my old friend asked, here's a list of things that has helped me over the past four years:

Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment