Tuesday, July 15, 2014

blonde protein cookies




So these are basically a 'blonde' version of my Chocolate Protein Cookies for anyone who can't handle cacao (the caffeine can be too much for some) or wants to mix things up a bit! I make them for my boyfriend regularly, so I've made a few adjustments to the recipe over time. This is actually my favourite version.
 
As I've said before, these cookies make a great breakfast on the run. The addition of good fats and protein makes them really satisfying. Also a good post-workout snack. 

I use Amazonia's raw natural protein powder in the cookies, but you could substitute another natural protein powder. When buying protein powders, just watch out for added sweeteners and fillers. I recommend always reading the ingredients list - if you're not familiar with an ingredient, ask someone at the store or Google it! (I have a slight obsession with reading ingredients lists and if there's something on there that I haven't heard of, it's straight to Google to find out; often whilst still standing in the store).
 
ingredients
 
� cup natural peanut butter
� cup raw virgin coconut oil, softened
� cup rice malt syrup (or raw honey)
1 egg
2 cups raw cashews
2 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut
� cup plain protein powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
 
preparation
 
1. Preheat your oven to 170�C and line a baking tray with baking paper.

2. Pulse the cashews in a food processor until you get fine crumbs.

3. Combine the peanut butter, coconut oil and rice malt syrup in a large bowl, then beat in the egg until well combined.

4. Stir through the cashews and desiccated coconut, protein powder and vanilla.

5. Roll the mixture into balls and press into cookie shapes, then place on the lined tray. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges.

Makes about 25 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment