Monday, July 28, 2014

I swear I'm falling. apart.

My recent infection is now pretty much as though it never happened, swelling & pain all gone. Literally 2 days after finishing the antibiotics for that, though, I woke up with an ear infection. I'm guessing the real reason is that the first infection (and 2 different antibiotics) knackered my immune system and it's not yet back up to speed, but I confess my less considered opinion is that my body is punishing me for something / dissolving into mush.  Either way I spent the weekend pumping OTC ear drops in there & apart from feeling extremely hard of hearing in that ear (like being half under water) it seems to be responding well. But still. Aaarrrggh.
On Saturday I had a fairly lazy day - I walked a couple of miles, but no more, put off by the heat. Having said that it was pretty much as hot on Sunday and I managed 5.25 miles - split between 2 slightly shorter walks so the heat didn't feel quite as exhausting & demotivating. I didn't train over the weekend and was too tired this morning for a pre-work session. I also ate too much of the wrong things - being pissed off when it's someone's birthday is a bad combo. Sigh.
Tomorrow is another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment