Friday, July 11, 2014

Improving slowly but surely

I haven't left the house today, or moved further than the kitchen & bathroom. My infection isn't fixed obviously, but it's been less painful today anyway and believe me that's a big step forward.
Sadly the antibiotics haven't had the appetite suppressing effect I was hoping for (a little) but the initial diarrhoea is settling down so that's better too.
I agree with you, Diane, I do need more calories and some rest to let it heal. I am probably certainly going to eat more extra calories than needed unless my appetite is suppressed, but that's better than healing more slowly. I've been reading The Perfect Health Diet by Paul & Shou-Ching Jaminet, and while it is still a gluten free, very natural diet of real foods, it is a less low carb plan - allowing white rice & potatoes as well as sweet potatoes - and in the book there are quite a lot of testimonials -and some convincing scientific explanation  - that being too low carb can impair the immune system. I was thinking of switching to this plan after my holiday as some low carbers gain weight at first due to water retention, but now I'm thinking sooner is better, even if I go on holiday heavier than I want. Pain or sickness is more likely to ruin a holiday after all!

Food today: NOT A GF DAY!!!
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with bacon, mushroom & tomato
Lunch; a quick soup simmered up from homemade stock, chicken breast, carrot, celery & seaweed
Dinner: Bolognese with courgette noodles & sourdough bread
Snacks: protein cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment