Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Inspirational Power of Chef AJ & Big Giveways Post!


Illustration by the talented Meg Wilson/BUNtitled.

I have a small miracle to share with you.

We had a big pot luck at work yesterday. Pretty typical SAD food. I'm sure you can imagine it.

For the past few years, I had been "allowing" myself little "treats" full of sugar and oil and other such nonsense at my company wide functions. Even though I DID NOT WANT TO EAT THE STUFF. I was simply unable to say "no" to all of it. A cupcake here, a cookie there, some candy some of the time.

"Why, why, why?" I wondered. I consider the stuff to be crap.

So yesterday, when we were all enjoying our fun time together, it came to mind that in the not so distant past, I would have had some of the apple crumble. It would have tasted good, and I would have allowed myself a little more. And I always wanted more.

But that was then, and this is now.

Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment