Wednesday, August 27, 2014

what's new?...KOJA superfood mixes



You may have noticed KOJA's range of superfood mixes in your local health food store: they are specially formulated combinations of superfoods, nuts, seeds and berries which you can sprinkle on your breakfast, blend into smoothies or add to raw desserts and treats (which is what I did to create the above slice�more info below).

In the interests of full disclosure, I was sent a free sample of KOJA's Daily superfood mix to try. Because I fell in love with it, I'm reviewing it here. I often get sent products to try for free, but my reviews will always be my own opinion. If I'm not so keen on a product, I may simply choose not to write about it.

Why do I love the KOJA mixes? 

Because, as they say themselves, they are a real food alternative to supplements and pills. They are packed with vitamins and minerals and taste great. I always prefer whole foods over supplements wherever possible: why take a pill when you could eat something instead? (I like eating). 

KOJA Daily superfood mix.
Good enough to eat by itself with a spoon (which I did).


Add it to raw treats, like my Chewy KOJA Slice

The mixes are the perfect addition to raw treats. They add crunch, flavour and extra nutrients. I used the KOJA Daily mix to make the Chewy KOJA Slice pictured above. The slice is a chewy, raw, gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free treat packed with healthy fats, protein and antioxidants. You can find the recipe on the KOJA website here (thank you KOJA for publishing it!). 

I was also lucky enough to be interviewed by the lovely team at KOJA about how I maintain a healthy lifestyle and deal with criticism about my choices, which you can read here.

Verdict

The KOJA mixes are a delicious way to add a nutrient boost to your breakfast, smoothies or treats.

You can find out more about the range here.

No comments:

Post a Comment