Friday, September 5, 2014

Sleeeepy....

I discovered the recipe for a much better workout! You'd think it would be clean living, good nutrition, and a good night's sleep... But no!
1) get tipsy
2) eat gf Flapjack at 9 pm to soak up booze
3) wake up at 1 am desperately thirsty (but manage to go back to sleep after drinking sparkling water)
4) get up at 4:30 and decide to train anyway.
I felt much stronger, worked harder, sweated all the toxins out... Amazing!
I imagine it's to do with being less fasted thanks to the flapjack rather than a beneficial side effect to the booze - but I'll take it!

Sadly I did start yawning uncontrollably around 9:30 (in the morning) so the effects wore off unfortunately. Walking at lunchtime perked me up again a bit though I only managed 2.8 miles due to being held up by a swing bridge over the canal; maybe if I'd managed the full intended 3 miles I wouldn't have been so damned tired by home time. After work I went for another walk - only 1.5 miles - to try for a last energy boost to get through the evening. I'm hoping for a better nights sleep tonight.

Food today:
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with ghee cooked with leek, red pepper and bacon
Lunch: gazpacho soup
Dinner: chicken fried rice
Snacks: cashews, gingerbread Nak'd bar

No comments:

Post a Comment