Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Stranger in a Strange Land

I was profoundly moved by this posting that I happened to catch on Facebook today and I wanted to share it with all of you. I know that so many of you will feel a deep connection with Lori.

Stranger in a Strange Land
by Lori Fryd

I am a stranger in a strange land. I am Alice in a bizarre and twisted Wonderland. I am Winston Smith in 1984. I am Neo, awakening into The Matrix. I have traded blissful ignorance for harsh awakening into a world where those with wisdom have no power and those with power have no wisdom.

The world I have awoken to is a strange and pitiless place, where innocent sentient beings in the hundreds of millions are enslaved and tortured so that the populace can consume and be sickened by them, a world where factories have replaced nature and products made in laboratories and assembled on conveyor belt are now ingested by the masses who are rendered progressively more weak, frail, depleted and disabled by this unwholesome consumption.

Now, I am lost in a land of sickness and suffering. Around me, men, women and children lumber and hobble, pale, gray, puffing and misshapen. They move slowly on canes and crutches and wheelchairs, an entire population of bent and broken people, crippled into sick submission before my awakened, heartsick eyes.
Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment