Friday, October 31, 2014

Day 3 of back to basics

I trained again this morning, getting up at 4:30 to be sure I had the time before work.  It went well, 
I felt good and sweated profusely. And felt far more awake at the time,  although that wore off by mid morning. 
Shortly after I got to work I turned round to talk to someone, and felt like I'd been knifed in the back. I took painkillers straight away and I'm hoping it was just a slight twist that will go away quickly. To encourage it I took things very easy at lunchtime. Then walked a mere 1.5 miles after work (in the dark :-( I miss the summer evenings) It doesn't feel too bad right now so fingers crossed... 
There was an accident on the M4 again this afternoon and on the Web it looked like it was causing chaos - but in the end it only added 10 minutes to my normal travel time,  plus an hour of stress while I tried to decide whether to suffer through it or seek an alternative route. I need to work from home permanently (though then I'd die or boredom instead of stress) It's no good,  the lottery win remains the ideal solution.  Or it would if I actually bought a ticket ever.

Day 3:
Food - success. 
Booze - success.  Although I slightly wish I'd finished the 2 bottles of beer in my cupboard before I started doing this. And I have to say it's harder on a weekend evening. 
Exercise - success!!!

Food today:
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with leek & tomatoes,  with a tiny bit of bacon 
Lunch: Salad with cold roast gammon followed by a pear 
Dinner: lamb's liver,  onions and green beans 
Snacks: cashews & cold meat

No comments:

Post a Comment