Friday, October 3, 2014

Now taking care of myself

I collected my prescription this lunchtime and started my course this evening.  Of course it could be anything from 2 weeks to 2 months for it to kick in properly  -  a depressing thought.  I also had to go to the post office,  so between the two I had no time for a proper walk at lunchtime.  
The office was positively infested with gluten today -  pastries & cookies all day and the addition of scones after lunch.  Have I ever mentioned that I store fruit scones so long as they have genuine clotted cream on them (not the crappy fresh cream the supermarkets tend to stick on them) - and there was clotted cream...  I resisted all of it - or to be accurate I didn't really fancy any of it.  I was grateful that didn't happen last week,  when I would probably have polished off the whole lot.  I did however dip a few strawberries in the clotted cream -  but I'm still patting myself on the back.  At this point the only sweet food I've eaten since Sunday has been fruit (some of it dried,  but still fruit)  and as generally happens,  not eating it makes it easier to not eat it...  Hopefully that will last long enough to make a difference to the frankly appalling numbers displayed on the scale whenever I'm foolish enough to step on it... 
I walked a couple of miles after work,  not much but something.  My brother is visiting tomorrow and that always means lots of walking so it should be an active weekend!

Food today:
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with bacon & mushrooms 
Lunch: ham salad 
Dinner: beef burgers  (homemade)  on a gf  ciabatta roll with oven baked homemade chips  and  dry fried mushrooms 
Snacks: Greek yogurt, cashews 

No comments:

Post a Comment