Thursday, January 29, 2015

as I said... Today was a better day

My little diet meltdown yesterday has me considering my options regarding the antidepressants I'm taking. I was already considering weaning myself off them following our house move (I thought it would be a bad idea to do it before then given my well established stressed /depressed reaction to moving house) as I don't want to spend years on them again. But if I can feel so low while taking them - and be driven to binge as self-medication while taking them - maybe I should bring that forward so I'm not taking ineffective chemicals with side effects any longer than necessary. I can buy a lot of chocolate and cake for the price of a prescription after all. I'm not going to leap into a knee jerk reaction, I don't know if I would have been suicidal rather than bingeicidal without the pills, and obviously I will have to come off them gradually rather than cold turkey if that's my decision, but I'm kind of in favour at the moment.
I was right about today being better! I didn't even eat all the food I'd taken to work, and only snacked on fruit. I didn't get a proper walk because I had to go to the post office, which didn't bother me that much given how cold it was.
And on the subject of cold, I requested enough snow to provide an excuse to work from home...  I got a piddling little sleet shower as I drove home, and arrived to approximately 2 mm of snow on the back lawn. Pathetic...

Food today:
Breakfast: hard boiled egg salad made with homemade garlic mayo; fruit
Lunch: prawn mayo salad with salad veg
Dinner: chicken stuffed with philadelphia and sun dried tomatoes and sweet potato fries. Oh, and sauerkraut.
Snacks: fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment