Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Brrrr

The air con at work is broken AGAIN - and last night was, as far as I know, the coldest so far this year (in Berkshire - I know it's still not in the same ballpark as Scotland). My car told me it was - 2.5 on my drive this morning. I put my coat ON when I got into work. What's wrong with that picture???
As you can probably imagine there was far more talk about the temperature than about the work this morning, at least for the first few hours. The rumour is the company is trying to save money by waiting to repair /replace the system. They should consider how much they could save be letting everyone work from home, if you ask me. Which they don't. Of course I'm biased as I'd love to work from home at least 2 or 3 days a week.
Ah well. Rant over.
About lunchtime it warmed up enough to take off my coat and scarf, thanks to the facilities guys driving to the nearest supermarket and buying half a dozen little table top electric heaters to fit around the office. I didn't have the energy for a walk so I just read a book through lunch. I now kind of wish I had gone out, but just didn't feel it today. After work I was almost as lazy, spending my time in the kitchen instead of the climber /out walking. At least I was standing up rather than spending more time on my ass. And I got a batch of mayonnaise, a dijon mustard marinade and some mushroom soup out of it as well. And in the process used up odds and ends not worth dragging to the other house - a jar of mustard and half a bag of dried mushrooms to be precise. I know it doesn't sound like much, but every little helps and it  me as well. Which I needed after another crap night's sleep last night - nytol tonight I think.

Food today :
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with bacon and green pepper
Lunch: homemade cream of butternut squash soup; chopped veg with homemade prawn dip
Dinner: beef stew with veg
Snacks: homemade pork rinds, fruit and...  I confess..  A Bounty.

No comments:

Post a Comment