Monday, January 5, 2015

Zzzzzzzzzz

Back to work already? Was there a holiday in there somewhere or not? It seems a dim and distant memory... 
I didn't want to get up today. I didn't want to go out in the cold morning air either. In fact today was all my normal Monday morning feelings on steroids with added grumpy on my part. Maybe I shouldn't take time off, it makes going back so much more horrible. 
Anyhow. It was sort of nice to see the people in the office again after such a quiet time over Christmas. I was really tired all morning - I knew it was a mistake getting up later while I wasn't working, but couldn't bring myself to get up at 4:45 am during my holiday. I don't suppose it will take long to get back to being a morning person though. At lunchtime I took some glassware and knick knacks to a charity shop and then carried on to do my lunchtime 2 miles with a little shopping. I hoped the fresh air and exercise would wake me up a bit...  Not so much. Maybe I should have snuck out to my car for a snooze instead... Mid-afternoon I had to resort to coffee (and my God is the coffee at work horrible after days of decent coffee at home) to make it through the afternoon slump. At least I stayed away from the vending machine and its piles of high carb,  no nutrition snacks... 
Sigh
One day down, one day closer to Friday...

Food today :
Breakfast: leftover burger on gf Bread with tomato chutney 
Lunch: turkey and vegetable soup followed by Greek yogurt and melon chunks 
Dinner: chicken stir fry 
Snacks: cashews 

No comments:

Post a Comment