Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Brrrr

My car was frozen when I went out this morning. Of course it happened to be a day when I was running slightly late so I really appreciated that added delay. Once the sun came up it was a beautiful morning though - really clear and sunny.
After work I had to make yet another trip back to Bracknell - to collect a prescription (which was my fault as I should have done that yesterday) and to check the house was clean enough. I was under the impression that renting was supposed to be simpler than home ownership, how did we manage to change it so much?
The main problem with that, besides the annoyance of not being able to go for a walk after work (I was too tired at lunchtime) is that the journey from the old house to the new one is really annoying at that sort of time, taking twice as long as usual. I keep saying it...  Altogether now...  'I can't wait for this to be done with'
At least now I'm cooking in my tiny kitchen. The hob is very good - gas - and now I know that the oven will eventually heat up enough to cook if I turn it on way in advance and significantly higher than should be needed, so I'll get there...

Food today:
Breakfast: AIP oatmeal substitute. No, I'm not going AIP on a whim, it's far too complicated, but I wanted a grain free substitute out of boredom with the never ending eggs, and this was it.
Lunch: homemade Cauliflower & broccoli soup - absolutely delicious
Dinner: chicken fried Cauliflower rice
Snacks: homemade pork rinds and fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment